Inevitable Change



As a designer you’re always learning, always on the hunt for new information, which always keeps you full of bright ideas. As your experience and knowledge grows it inevitably changes the way you approach your work.



Speaking of ideas and changes. I’ve had a good run with my pink logo, not exactly a standard colour choice for my industry but it said a bit about who I was as a designer. Under it I have gone from undergraduate, to graduate, to professional, to business owner and through that journey it has served me well.
But I think it’s time for me to start a new chapter and to reevaluate who I am, what I stand for and where I want to go with my future. The best way to communicate this is through a rebranding and swanky new logo (and some silly gifs of course).




The brief to myself for the new logo and branding was that it had to:


  1. Tell a story via the relationship of forms and shapes
  2. Communicate my multi-faceted design abilities
  3. Use colour work that's eye-catching and meaningful
  4. Reflect something about the industries in which I work



As I scribbled and pixeled on the new logo I would evaluate the designs against these four requirements from my brief. After some time I came upon my final design. Here's a quick breakdown...




1. Tell a story via the relationship of forms and shapes
2. Communicate that I am a multi-faceted designer

3. Use colour work that was eye-catching and had meaning

4. Reflect something about the industries in which I work






So now that Jade Doel Design has a solid logo that met the brief, I wanted to explore different ways it could be applied and used. I kept feeding my brain and decided on three different ways to present Jade Doel Design:



The Combination Mark is for more formal use, such as business cards, letterheads, email signatures, website and direct advertising


The Icon or Tag is for more fun use, such as apparel, merchandise and indirect advertising




The Word Mark is for more informal use, such as blogs, indirect advertising and moments where Jade Doel Design is required to be more subliminal

Testing Jade Doel Design on some merchandise 


So there you have it. A small exposé on how the new Jade Doel Design came about. Expect more insights in the future. Please like/follow Jade Doel Design on Facebook and Twitter and most importantly make sure your...

Video



No comments:

Post a Comment